• ✨ ARCHIVE MODE ✨
    The forum has now been set to read-only mode, no new posts, resources, replies etc will not be possible.
    We recommend you join our Discord server to get real-time response: Discord Invite Link

Other JAPANESE TRANSLATION PROJECT!!!

Dalton James

Trainer
I just thought that since the Japanese made the game originally, the Japanese should deserve some recognition, AND THUS THE JAPANESE TRANSLATION PROJECT WAS BORN!!! Now since I'm a noob at this stuff, and this is my first modification to this game, it might take a while, but here's some screenshots:

Okay, I just realized that this game doesn't support Japanese characters yet, but it will, someday.

If anyone would like to help me with this ACCURATE translation, that would be awesome. :)

Tornado9797

Content Developer
P3D Developer
Global Moderator
There should be a new type of resource. Instead of "Other" they should have "Language Pack".

Marion S

Starting Trainer
I recommend using an online collaborative translation tool for your Japanese localization project. So far, https://poeditor.com was the best for me, and I've tried quite a few. It allows you to connect to your Github repositories and has lots of facilities for translators. Really useful.

Tornado9797

Content Developer
P3D Developer
Global Moderator
I recommend using an online collaborative translation tool for your Japanese localization project. So far, https://poeditor.com was the best for me, and I've tried quite a few. It allows you to connect to your Github repositories and has lots of facilities for translators. Really useful.
I do wish to mention that the last post made here was in September of last year...

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
I support this. though i dont speak Japanese myself, i cant be much help Q- Q
but hey, the more people play around the globe, the better yeah?

green_Port

Starting Trainer
It seems that at least 24 days ago, an update was made regarding the game's fonts.
It is now possible to display hiragana and katakana, albeit to a limited extent.
However, there are still some places where "? is still displayed in many places, which is a cause for concern.
Here, we have uploaded the xna font built from the latest source code as of September 12, 2021, and the temporary file "tokens_ja.dat" which contains the Japanese hiragana and katakana.
If you copy the contents of this folder directly under the "Pokemon3D" folder, open "Save/options.dat" and change "Language|" from "en" to "ja", it should work, but "Fonts/BMP/" will be overwritten. It is recommended to backup this folder and "Save/options.dat" first.
Please note that we have not been able to do much testing.

すくなくとも24日前、ゲーム内で使用されるフォントについて、一部更新があったようです。
これにより限定的な形ではありますが、ひらがなとカタカナについては表示が可能になっています。
しかしながら、まだまだ表示が「?」になってしまう箇所も多く見られます。
2021年09月12日における最新のPokemon3Dのソースコードからビルドしたxnaフォントファイルと、
私が仮作成した日本語(ひらがな/カタカナ)化ファイルである"tokens_ja.dat"をアップロードします。
このZIPファイルの中身を「Pokemon3D」フォルダの直下にコピーした上で、
「Save/options.dat」を開いて「Language|」を「en」から「ja」に変更すれば動作するはずですが、
コピーするにあたって「Fonts/BMP/」は上書きされてしまいます。
先にこのフォルダと「Save/options.dat」のバックアップを取っておくことをお勧めします。
なお、突貫工事で仕上げたため、私はあまりこのファイルについてテストができていません。ご利用は自己責任でお願いいたします。

Attachments