• ✨ ARCHIVE MODE ✨
    The forum has now been set to read-only mode, no new posts, resources, replies etc will not be possible.
    We recommend you join our Discord server to get real-time response: Discord Invite Link

You want to use a gamepad for Pokemon 3D "Better DS3" is your answer!

Genshie

Pokémon Ranger
Better DS3 is basically a program that allows you to map for any thing and everything to a gamepad controller. (Even has the usual 360 layout that most PC games now use already set in) The program itself is free and it is far easier to use than Xpadder or any other program I have used. It also can be used offline as well. It has made playing Pokemon 3D a joy now. (I hope this is a good place to place this thread. Don't hurt me.. ><)

Genshie

Pokémon Ranger
One question, is it possible to play poke3D with PS3 controller?
Yep! (It is the controller I use for everything. To bad I quit WoW or I would be trying it with this now) As long as it has a usb port or blue tooth. Mapping it was rather easy. I love using Ride/Surf in third person view with controller. You can map it for any game now and or adjust it. For most games that have joypad implement I would just simply use the already Xbox controller set up.

Genshie

Pokémon Ranger
Yep! As long as it has a usb port or blue tooth. Mapping it was rather easy. I love using Ride/Surf in third person view with controller.
Didn't knew there was a way to connect by bluetooth, if so it's great
I mean I haven't tried it myself but it detects battery life so I would assume so. The original DS3 program accepted Bluetooth if you had the drivers installed so I don't know why this one wouldn't either since it is basically a an upgraded version of it that is safer and easier to use. (I bloody hate Xpadder. I could never get it to work right.)

Genshie

Pokémon Ranger
Awesome thanks. By all means please ask any questions you may have and I will try my best to answer them.

Jayson583

Dragon Tamer
this is the first.post ive seen in a long time thats made me really happy. thank you for this and thank yoh for having such a hilarious profile pic.

Genshie

Pokémon Ranger
this is the first.post ive seen in a long time thats made me really happy. thank you for this and thank yoh for having such a hilarious profile pic.
And you are most welcome! If I find anything else useful in terms of apps, tools, and ect.. that can be used for Pokemon 3D I will be sure to mention them here some where. I mean heck you can even use this to program controller use in MMOs. (Like WoW, TOR, and ect..)
Note: I don't typically post on most forums anymore unless I am sharing information, trying to gain information to solve a problem or find something, and or a message/post is directed at me that I know of. I am mainly a lurker

Last edited: