• ✨ ARCHIVE MODE ✨
    The forum has now been set to read-only mode, no new posts, resources, replies etc will not be possible.
    We recommend you join our Discord server to get real-time response: Discord Invite Link

Not a bug [Indev 0.53.3] Held Item Vanishes after Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend_Blade

Trainer
I was leveling my suicune in the cerulean cave with a lucky egg on Hard difficulty. When I went up to the second level and got back down again the item dissapeared somehow. Later on i the same thing happened with a Razor Fang on my Lugia.
What I expected to happen:
...That the pokemon would still held the item

What actually happened:
...The item vanished

Steps to reproduce:
1. ...Change difficulty to hard
2. ...Give a pokemon an held item and battle with it in cerulean cave at the first level.
3. ...Go up to the second level and battle a wil pokemon there
4. ...Go back down again and see if the item dissapeared

I hope I can somehow get the lucky egg back again, Because leveling your pokemon without it is just no fair :p
(Add a crash log here if available and enclose it in the code tag with this button:
)

Legend_Blade

Trainer
I like to add something on this... The item dissapeared when a Kadabra used Trick. After the battle the item's gone.

Tornado9797

Content Developer
P3D Developer
Global Moderator
I was leveling my suicune in the cerulean cave with a lucky egg on Hard difficulty. When I went up to the second level and got back down again the item dissapeared somehow. Later on i the same thing happened with a Razor Fang on my Lugia.
...That the pokemon would still held the item

What actually happened:
...The item vanished

Steps to reproduce:
1. ...Change difficulty to hard
2. ...Give a pokemon an held item and battle with it in cerulean cave at the first level.
3. ...Go up to the second level and battle a wil pokemon there
4. ...Go back down again and see if the item dissapeared

I hope I can somehow get the lucky egg back again, Because leveling your pokemon without it is just no fair :p
(Add a crash log here if available and enclose it in the code tag with this button:
)
Contact a member of the staff through a private conversation and they can recover your items for you (I would do it myself but I'm away from my computer for most of today).

This isn't a new problem for this update. The Kadabra/Trick item disappearance is something that's been happening to players for a while now.

cerbos

Starting Trainer
Hello,
i need help with the trick attack item thief bug thingy :D.
A kadabra stole my EXP share and i need it back to train my pkmn properly.
Could you be so kind and recover my stolen item?

Laharl1st

Starting Trainer
as it says kadabra used trick and stole my amulet coin as far as I know that item is impossible to get again what can I do about this?

my item to not go away forever and just be switched for that battle

What actually happened:
my item was switched with his and not given back

Steps to reproduce:
1. go to cerulean cave
2. encounter Kadabra while your pokemon holds an item.
3. let him use trick on you
4. beat him
5. look at your pokemons item and it is now either nothing or his spoon.

I am using the newest patch with no mods to affect pokemon besides anime cries.

)

Tornado9797

Content Developer
P3D Developer
Global Moderator
as it says kadabra used trick and stole my amulet coin as far as I know that item is impossible to get again what can I do about this?

my item to not go away forever and just be switched for that battle

What actually happened:
my item was switched with his and not given back

Steps to reproduce:
1. go to cerulean cave
2. encounter Kadabra while your pokemon holds an item.
3. let him use trick on you
4. beat him
5. look at your pokemons item and it is now either nothing or his spoon.

I am using the newest patch with no mods to affect pokemon besides anime cries.

)
This bug has been around for quite some time now (http://pokemon3d.net/forum/threads/11169/).

Start a private conversation with a member of the staff and they will give you a replacement Amulet Coin.

Capt_Segis

Engine Developer
P3D Developer
Global Moderator
This is not a bug, the move Trick is supposed to swap the items between the user and the target. Best advice is either KO the kadabra before he can use trick on you, avoid having an item on your lead pokemon, or avoid fighting kadabra at all.

It's not even a bug, come on. Shouldn't be tagged as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.