• ✨ ARCHIVE MODE ✨
    The forum has now been set to read-only mode, no new posts, resources, replies etc will not be possible.
    We recommend you join our Discord server to get real-time response: Discord Invite Link

Mod (Old) 1YL's BIGGEST Update to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
Sorry, i was out for a while, getting some issues with life stuff and seriously need somethings to be done. but anyway, i'v read some things while i was gone.
so i'lll just give my response below...

Evolve Eevee Topic
I know you guys want Eevee to Evolve right away and i understand that, but there are 3 plans that i have in my mind that may or may not satisfy you. so here are my plans about it.

Take note that i plan to have ALL types available for Eevee to evolve into, including the new Slyveon for will be listed as Flying for now until the Official Type. so yeah...

Plan A: Original Idea was to create, if able, all Evolution Stone exclusively for each Eeveelution that will be put into 1YL, in order to evolve, Eevee must "Hold" the stone while in "Eevee's Grotto" at some point in the story. which would involve a NPC talking about it. but this idea is still in thought and may or may not choose right off the bat.

Plan B: my 2nd idea was take out the Stones, and leave out Eevee's Grotto. so in order Eevee to Evolve, you must go to a "Specific" Grotto throughout Johto, and thier all Hidden. Each Grotto would have a Scenary matching the Type that Eevee would Evolve to. so if the Grotto has a Lake and Waterfall, Eevee would Evolve into Vaporeon. and if that wont do, then Eevee would evolve at Certain areas throughout Johto. im still thinking about the Final Results on this one and hopefully it could play out just as fine as my Original Idea.

Plan C: now this one is a bit intresting. lets say if you went through the just about 70% of the first Ark(which as of now im using Arks to specify your Adventure Chapter, going through the main story is the First Ark, so keep that in mind :'D), there will be a Event that would involve Evolving your Eevee, which would involve the Good Luck Charm that Alicia gave you. the Event would cause a "Revisit" to Eevee's Grotto, at some point in the Story, you will encounter ******* that would be the major Turning Point of the Main Story. Throughout your adventure of the First Ark, what Choices you make will determind your Eevee's Final Result Evolution, weather is a Side Quest, or Relationship with Trainers, then your Eevee will evolve before that battle and will remain on that form. as for the Good Luck Charm, "IF" Eevee holds it before the Fight, Eevee will Evolve into Eeveon.

So as you have read, no matter what Choice i decide, Eevee's Grotto is a Must for 1YL

Flying Mechanic Topic
Me and Vade still need to discuss it on skype on how we're going to do this. so what im thinking what i can do for 1YL is to have "Specific" Pokemon that are able to Fly you around. so lets say you have a Pidgy and you taught it Fly. that Pidgy will not allow you to fly unless you evolve it to a Pidgeot. it would not make since for a Tiny Bird to fly you around, same with Doudrio, it doesnt have Wings. so keep that in mind.
And about the sprites, im thinking of making Specific Birds, like Pidgeot, a Flying Mount Sprite. a Front, Back, Left, and Right. kinda like how any NPCs are. like how regular MMOs when you can Mount on a Flyer and you can Fly to places. so yeah a good talking section with Vade. go fig.

Unable to Enter Cherrygrove Topic
Ok alot of people are sending this to me, im curious, when exactly and how are you not able to enter Cherrygrove? Keep in mind that 1YL's current update is a DEMO to the Major one that is comming out(hopefully when my life issues can be in order and can FINALLY work without ANY problems at my work desk.), if my guess is right, you guys were able to enter Cherrygrove the first time, but cant enter Cherrygrove when returning to New Bark. im not too sure exactly and i haven't fully checked whats wrong. so if anything, 1YL took my intentions and cooperate it's own Idea of a DEMO. xDD. so i will say this again for the infinate time that i have said this... "This is a DEMO of the Major Update" and including some of these... "Vanilla Interfering with scripts locations" and some of these... "All script names are Identical to Kolben's Vanilla Poke3D" and all those other things related to the same Issue. so just wait until the big update come out.

And thats all i have to say for now. hopefully, i have answered your questions. so while you wait, Hear this song! its quite good!

Oc3anPants

Trainer
Banned
Ooooooooooooohh, interesting.
Side-quests within a Pokemon game!
I don't think this has been done before in Pokemon.
Unless I'm just an idiot, and miss the opportunity.
Defiantly worth a play.

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
Ooooooooooooohh, interesting.
Side-quests within a Pokemon game!
I don't think this has been done before in Pokemon.
Unless I'm just an idiot, and miss the opportunity.
Defiantly worth a play.
not just side quests, but theres also going to be Character Depths, Intensive Arks, Unique Story, and ALL of it Corresponds with Game Freak's Game timeline. Since 1YL is 1 year after the Actual Events of Gold, Silver, and Crystal. The game is respectfully a Fan Made what if scenario based on Game Freak.

Also that 1YL is based off Anime Interactions and would try to get you attached to certain Characters you see in the game. which i want 1YL to be the most Unique Pokemon Game(or at this point a Mod) out there. trying to drive away the Common story in every Common Gamefreak game. which is always = You and Rival, Gym Leaders, Bad Guys, then Pokemon League... its too common and the main hero never speaks. so you dont feel attach to your character.

which is where i come in. being a writer for a while and having Poke3D help me out in such things, i can write a Story that is not based all around the Hero but around You and your Friends! y'know friends you meet in your journey..

also the game is challenging aswell and soloing the game is not recommended. The game WILL have bosses and will put you to the test of all the things you've learned throughout your current play.

when 1YL gets to it's at least 50% of the first Ark, i'll post another forum about a Character Popularity Forum. and other things. not sure. but as of right now, the First ark is at it's 7% of the Entire Run.

which at the moment is on Goldenrod. since right now that it's a Demo it wont work properly.
i'll be working on it from right now till Wednesday because theres things that i need to take care of on Life and such and hopefully i can get a Brand New Laptop that has 8Gs of RAM or somthing because how terrible mine is. so yeah, good stuff... well anyway i'll just go and work my butt off now and post the actual Chp. 1.4. hopfully it'll be done soon. well have fun in the Demo. becareful though, the Demo wont work once you exit your current 1YL playthorugh. like Save and Quit sort of deal...

well have fun and i'll keep posting.

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
My new PC may be comming in soon. i cant wait to have Poke3D fast so i can get some REAL work done.
No more Lag and 0 Crashes!

once i get it, you'll be seeing the next update shortly after. i'll let you guys know when i do have the PC.

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
Everyone. as of right now, i'll be Making Sprite request in the Sprite Request Thread.

and following up. im also making the Official 1YL Novel! if you cant play the Game. Read it!!
Once i finish the First chapter, i'll post it on the First Post as a Spoiler Tag.

Ark 1: Chapter 1, A New Beginning
The Story's Protagonist is Alexis, so it'll be based on his Pokemon.

And with that, Enjoy the Read when its available!

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
huh? well, odd news i guess.. well anyway..

Im currently writing the "The Story So Far" atm. hopefully it'll sound good as the same way you play the game.

Lilligant

Retired Moderator
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
I would like to help. If it's alright with you of course. I am doing some scripting myself and would like a bit of practice. Something like this would help a lot. You don't have to say yes. In the meantime, I'll practice scripting.

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
I would like to help. If it's alright with you of course. I am doing some scripting myself and would like a bit of practice. Something like this would help a lot. You don't have to say yes. In the meantime, I'll practice scripting.
It all depends, if you have played ALOT of RPGs, and Watched alot of Anime with different Story styles and plots and have a good aspects of making a Story. i'll think about it.

Lilligant

Retired Moderator
Trusted Support
Retired Mod
RPG is my favourite style of game, so yeah, I love anime, my favourite is HOTD, then Toradora. For a while, I did Pokemon stories with a couple of friends.

Shou Liengod

Contributor
Trusted Support
the concepts are no made by me, but by someone in deviant art. now however, the final result of how they look like will bein Sprites and will be marked as a Finalized Eeveelution until Edits are made. so the concept you see now arnt the final work.

Status
Not open for further replies.