• ✨ ARCHIVE MODE ✨
    The forum has now been set to read-only mode, no new posts, resources, replies etc will not be possible.
    We recommend you join our Discord server to get real-time response: Discord Invite Link

Map Ecruteak City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banned

Gym Leader
Banned
More screenshots! I've pretty much finished the grass(I might have a 2x2 patch somewhere that I have to do).

Banned

Gym Leader
Banned
I hope you're using the original texture from Pokemon3D? Since it won't be accepted if it isn't the original.
It does, it's just that my Pokemon3D files are using my texture pack. It uses the default game textures in your Pokemon folder, and before I knew about content packs I directly replaced my normal files. So it'll appear normal for everyone else, unless they replaced the normal textures, but i'd be the same for every map on Pokemon3D

Splint

Champion
Oh man wish i would have told u this sooner.

Those floors are they all loose floor tiles?
Because what u can do is work in "layers".

Basically what i do is i make one big floor field the size of the entire map and assign the most common used floor texture in your case the dirt texture.

I then create a single floor tile and move it up the axis by 1 (Move tool then click and hold shift to move up) so it floats above the ground floor and make it the correct size i want to have it for lets say one of the grass patches.

Then assign the grass texture to it and position the grass patch in the correct position above the ground floor.
Then when it is in the right position all i have to do is move the grass patch from 1 to 0 and it will merge with the ground floor this way u do not have to create a bunch of loose floor fields instead it will merge neatly and replace that particular ground floor.

Most important thing u have to keep in mind is that it matters in what order u merge the floor u cannot for example have all the grass patches on 0 and the ground floor on -1 because if u were to then move the ground floor up to 0 it will override all the grass patches and u see nothing but dirt u have to do it the other way around.

Best thing to do is keep the ground floor on 0 and keep your other floor tiles and objects on +1 then when you are all done merge it together in the end by selecting and moving it down.

Edit:
Don't know if it works with water though have still to try that yet myself

Banned

Gym Leader
Banned
Oh man wish i would have told u this sooner.

Those floors are they all loose floor tiles?
Because what u can do is work in "layers".

Basically what i do is i make one big floor field the size of the entire map and assign the most common used floor texture in your case the dirt texture.

I then create a single floor tile and move it up the axis by 1 (Move tool then click and hold shift to move up) so it floats above the ground floor and make it the correct size i want to have it for lets say one of the grass patches.

Then assign the grass texture to it and position the grass patch in the correct position above the ground floor.
Then when it is in the right position all i have to do is move the grass patch from 1 to 0 and it will merge with the ground floor this way u do not have to create a bunch of loose floor fields instead it will merge neatly and replace that particular ground floor.

Most important thing u have to keep in mind is that it matters in what order u merge the floor u cannot for example have all the grass patches on 0 and the ground floor on -1 because if u were to then move the ground floor up to 0 it will override all the grass patches and u see nothing but dirt u have to do it the other way around.

Best thing to do is keep the ground floor on 0 and keep your other floor tiles and objects on +1 then when you are all done merge it together in the end by selecting and moving it down.

Edit:
Don't know if it works with water though have still to try that yet myself
I knew there was layers, but I wanted to make sure the map was perfect, that's why I'm trying to get rid of as much duplicate entities as possible. But I'm starting to think it'd be better with layers, as it'd use less entities. I'll work on that in a second, BTW new screenshot coming up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.